"Choose the Right"

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving
What is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is a national holiday that is celebrated throughout the United States . It is on the last thursday of November and it brings many other events such as the Macy's parade where New Yorkers embrace the cold to watch the floats , the sales on department stores to kick off the start on Christmas shopping and the football game that is watched as the last regular season game. It's sometimes referred as the turkey bowl. Lastly it's about giving thanks and  to bond with family members  with a good meal.

]
What is the history of Thanksgiving?
The grateful Pilgrims then declared a three-day feast, starting on December 13, 1621, to thank God and to celebrate with their Indian friends. While this was not the first Thanksgiving in America (thanksgiving services were held in Virginia as early as 1607), it was America’s first Thanksgiving Festival. It was because in their first year almost half of the pilgrims died before spring even came.

  1. My family
  2. My health
  3. The bus driver
  4. My teachers
  5. Hpiam Staff
  6. My Education
  7. My pet tortoise
  8. My sister
  9. My phone
  10. Music
  11. My books
  12. The bible

No comments:

Post a Comment