"Choose the Right"

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Summer Vacation


    My last summer as a high school student, I spent it with my younger sisters and taking trips to San Diego Lego land and Zoo. Before I took those trips I was at home watching over my sisters for the summer. I had to since my grandmother had left to El Salvador for a whole month. My parents felt that I was old enough to watch over my sisters for the span of four weeks. During that duration of time, I took the initiative to read as much books as I can. I read six books in the course of four weeks, a mix of fiction and nonfiction. My favorite book from the summer was I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou. I read it along with the audio so it felt like I was watching a movie in my mind. I felt it was important for me to continue reading since I did took the challenge of asking for AP Literature, I was hesitant at first, I heard from my peers that it was extremely difficult, and not everyone should take it. But when I heard Mrs.Van Hill explain that it is important for us in our last year of being a high school student that we should attempt to challenge ourselves academically so we can be somewhat use to the future workloads that we can experience in college.

Image result for i know why the caged bird sings     

No comments:

Post a Comment