"Choose the Right"

Monday, August 26, 2019

Cactus and Succulent Arrangements



Image result for planting cactus

        One of my favorite things to do is planting succulent and cactuses in ceramic or terracotta pots, at the moment I have done at least thirty or so pots. I often like grouping the cactuses with a succulent that is called sempervivium tectrorum, or also known as "Hens-and-Chicks". I chose those because they are the most robust succulent species. When I plant all these different types of cactuses and succulents, it is most important for me to wear gloves, particularly the kinds that do not let the needles or thorns pass through it and puncture my skin. However, the end results of all the pots leave me feeling accomplished, knowing that my arrangements came out the way I had planned them to  come out. I one day want to do get into pottery so I can design  and create my own pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment